Thursday, November 20, 2008

Second Prompt-Lessons

Sorry I didn't post before-I had the idea in a message draft on my cell phone but then my teacher took it away and I wanted that precise idea so..Now I have my phone back-and here it goes:
Here's to lessons. Lessons we all go through. Lessons are there to keep us alive, mostly. People were not born wise.
The most important lesson I have learned is...Well, that some people have furs so thick there is no right way to rub them. So in those cases, you just keep aside. However, there is another: that a "nice word" doesn't magically retrieve your stuff from all around the classroom where people have thrown them, nor does it save you from a threat by someone twice your size.
This was a difficult lesson, because I had spent 5 years in an environment where I could talk to people and they would be reasonable and do what I said (Yeah, yeah, I'm a bossy bitch. I get the idea.). And still everything would be fine. But I moved from the high maintenance school to the junkie school. And that was the turning point.
Denial has a big role when learning a lesson. Especially for stubborn people like meself. We keep sayng that there is no need to learn the lesson, but most of the time, we are proved wrong.
Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that lessons are something inflicted upon us not nessecarily by us, but mostly by the surroundings we are forced to adapt to; the surroundings that have formed us-or rather forced our mental and sensitive elasticity to bend in ways we never thought we could push them to. And that concludes this prompt...
I hope you have laughed today. I haven't.

No comments: