Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Prompt Two Response (Lessons)

I'm so sorry it took so long for me to get around to writing this. I haven't felt inspired or anything lately. But I do apologize. And I don't feel incredibly inspired right now, either, but I feel like I've put this off too long so I'm writing it anyway.

A lesson I've learned... well, it's going to sound terribly corny and similar to some of the crap they force-feed you in English class when you learn about symbolism. Since my mom's eyes have been getting worse and worse, I've learned to cherish everything more. I don't know what it's like to not be able to see well, to have to have your co-workers say "Hi, it's So-And-So," as they're walking down the hallway toward you so that you know who they are before they're standing right in front of you. That's the case with my mom. Her peripheral vision's gotten so bad that she can't drive anymore, and her friends and my dad give her rides to places she needs to go. I guess from this I've learned that you need to savor everything you have, because you could lose it in a second. Hold on to whatever you love and don't let it go, because if you do it could be gone forever.

Summary of my lesson: cherish what you have, and don't waste time thinking about what you don't.

I'm sorry this is short and bland and uninspiring and not very well written, but like I said, I'm not feeling very inspired. I promise - next prompt, I'll try and do better. This post sucked.

All the best,
aravis

1 comment:

M said...

That's really sad!
My grandpa was blind since he was 4. The doctor put some wrong eye drops in his eyes making him blind, but he still could teach college from the help of my grandma. She'd write everything on the board. :D