Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Post - Ever. How Epic.


Hey!  The layout is up!  It's rather boring.  I spent a lot of time on it.  What a wonderful graphics crew we have.  -_-

FIRST NOTICE - Information will only be posted once all authors and administrators have been added to this blog.  For now you get a pretty passage from me.

"You're a fifteen year old kid.  You don't have any life experience.  I can't let you fool yourself into doing these things because I have been through them and I have the life experience.  Your problem is that you think you know about life when you don't.  You're a fifteen year old kid.  You don't have any life experience."

My mother always tells me this after I tell me my ideas and my dreams.  I tell her my ideas and dreams because she always tells me that I need to aim high.  And when I do what she says, she prevents me from trying because she knows better.

I may only be 15, but I do have 15 years of experience.  Great, now I'm being optimistic, and this is not the Daily Optimist.  

Life is about learning for yourself.  Take advice, but take it lightly, knowing that you don't have to follow it.  Everybody sees the world a little differently.  It doesn't make us special, or unique.  But it does mean that you alone know what is best for you; and when it comes down to it, there are some things that you know you're going to do no matter what everybody tells you.  That's just the way it is.  You don't have to admit it to me, but you do have to admit it to yourself.

So, take heed of the world:

Listen to what people tell you when you have a problem.  Think it over.  Look for ideas yourself.  Take the pieces that feel right to you and put them together into something you can understand.  Just because it works for somebody else doesn't mean it will work for you.  And on the other hand, just because it works for you doesn't mean it will work for somebody else.  In majority of problems, nothing is universally correct--nothing is right for everyone, and nothing is wrong for everyone.  Now, I'm not telling you to go out and break laws because you don't feel that it's "right for you".  But the law itself shows what I mean.  It's the "extenuating circumstances".  You will not be charged for murdering someone if it can be solidly proved that you were acting in self-defense.  Remember, the right things to do, and the right choices always fall into context.

And part of this, the fact that nothing is the same for everyone, is why I came up with this blog.  It's why I'm writing this right now.  The Daily Pessimist is just a bunch of kids.  We are a group of kids, working together to battle the conflicts of the world.  Everyone has experienced different things.  And by bringing together a group of different people, all of us get to see what's happening in the world.  Because sometimes it's just nice to find out that you're not the only one with these problems.  You'll find the ways that all of US chose to deal with them.  We write, we've come together because we share one key thing:  we're all human.  We're all hurting.  We're all in need of seeking some common ground, some gray area on the map where we truly can see that we are connected.  And when you feel so separated from the world, finding this gray area, this place where everyone is made up of thousands of pieces, it's nice to find someone who shares a piece of you.  Or who has gone through what you're going through.  I know more about some things than the next person, and less about some things than the next person.  And together, with the entire staff of writers at The Daily Pessimist, will try our hardest to tell you how we feel about anything, from all topics and all areas of the spectrum.  And we writers get to have a place to let out all of this stuff.  And we're the place to come if you just can't put in words how you feel, or if you just don't understand.  We're slowly but surely trying to master getting out just how we feel, and we hope we're doing a good job.  We're here for us, we're here for you, and in that just makes a happier world, doesn't it?

Once all of our writers have been added to this blog, there will be a regular schedule where we switch off writing posts.  There will be a variety of prompts for us to write about, and you can even help give us ideas of prompts or questions you have or if you are in need of advice, we'll post.  Hopefully, we can get this blog to look pretty nice and maybe, if we have enough people, we can have specific jobs, like editor or an advice columnist.  Basically, we're hoping that this is a very active blog that becomes at least a little popular.  Thank you all who have offered to write for this blog so quickly, and thank you to those who do not write for us but follow this blog. You all make me feel loved, and I hope that this idea sparks a "revolution" and can help a lot of people in this effort to vent and familiarize emotions between everyone.

Sincerely,

Zephyr
Creator and Administrator of The Daily Pessimist

3 comments:

Jizzie V. said...

This got me so excited -- I can;t wait to get going on this. :D

Alina said...

I can not wait :] I agree with everything you said. It IS really nice seeing someone shares something that you have or is going through something you are. It is truly very comforting. This WILL be the BEST blog EVER.

kathrynque. said...

:]