Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lessons- Bjork

I bet we have all already learned this lesson from middle school, but if anything ever comes your way like rumors or such, just don't even say anything at all about them.
You know the game "telephone" where you all sit in a circle and someone says something and it goes around the circle and in the end, you could hear something far from what was originally said? It's pretty much like that.

Also, when guys tell you something, in my case they usually want sympathy. They don't want to know they're or they were wrong. Has anyone had a problem where someone tells you something and you give them advice and really all they want is sympathy and they get mad? When I was younger I tried to help TOO much because i wanted to help people, and then one time.. I just totally gave up on helping. And there is an example down below:

I take things the wrong way all the time. And I feel kind of crappy about it too. When my friend Cam told me he was bipolar and started cutting (even his face) I basically just told him just to get over it. I was in 7th grade and didn't even know the definition on "emotional" or "bipolar".
Now I realize... it was bigger than that and I feel SO crappy about it and we are still really good friends, but when i see those scars I want to break down and cry. It breaks my heart to know one of best friends was hurting themselves physically and mentally, and i blew it off and ... really didn't care. I suppose I didn't really understand, but still. He did get professional help and he is totally OK and happy and better than ever but hes told me so much about it and I'm a much better friend now. How he smoked with a girl who got pregnant (she was 13 at the time. Our school is messed up...) and it makes me so upset.

Don't blow anything off when you see your friend is going through something like that. I'm just glad he's OK and I have learned my lesson even through his time of tragedy.

No comments: