Friday, December 26, 2008

My Memory

I've been having some trouble with my memory. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe there's nothing wrong with me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid like my mom sometimes is. Or maybe there is something wrong. Maybe I have amnesia... like Jason Bourne. Or maybe it's short-term memory loss... like Dory from Finding Nemo. They seem to make it work. But somehow I can't picture myself beating up CIA assassins with my bare hands or singing a song about swimming, no matter how adorable it may be. Anyway. Back to the point.

I'm worried about it. To put it frankly, my memory's been sucking lately. It's not like huge things, like my name or my birthday or anything. I can remember those fine. It's little things. For instance, I'll make myself a mental list of things I need to do (ie: charge cell phone, charge iPod, get history book from basement, etc.) and if I don't write it down, there's a really good chance I'll forget something on the list. And then I'll know I've forgotten something, but I have no clue whatsoever as to what it is. It's incredibly frustrating.

And the weird thing is, remembering music isn't really a problem. I play the violin (more like Celtic/Irish tunes... yeah... I play the fiddle... please don't make fun of me. I'll kick your ass. :-P) and I don't read music. I learn by ear, and my teacher puts the songs on my tape recorder. Maybe it's just musical talent or whatever, but I don't have a really hard time remembering my songs. If I don't practice them enough, the next time I play them it doesn't sound great, but that happens to everyone.

So what's wrong with me? I'm sure I had a ton of other examples to put in here, but what do you know? I've forgotten them.

I hope you all had a good holiday. Enjoy your New Year.

Sincerely,
Aravis

1 comment:

Rinna. said...

omg, bad memory sucks! I never remember a thing that was said to me in the morning and my mom screams a lot about that. It's pretty suckish all right.....
=/