Saturday, November 22, 2008

Indecision

I can't decide. On a lot of things, actually. And it's not minor, insignificant things, either, like "chocolate... or vanilla?!" It's big-deal things.

See, I wouldn't call myself a hypocritical person, but I do have my days where I'm hyper and bubbly and fun and laugh-y, and then my days where I'm more subdued and quiet and thoughtful. My quiet days are usually my more inspired days. I've found that sometimes my mood for the day depends on what my morning was like and what music I listened to on the bus ride to school. But enough of the back story.

I can't decide whether I want to be the fun, joke-telling, bubbly Becka or the more thoughtful and quiet one. I really can't. And people always just tell you to be yourself, but what if you have no clue which part of you is the actual you? It's like The Incredibles, when Buddy (as IncrediBoy) says to Mr. Incredible "You always tell us to be true to yourself, but you never tell us which part of ourself to be true to." (I get a lot of life lessons - or questions - from Disney/Pixar movies....)

So there's my dilemma. It's easy admitting this in writing, rather than saying it to someone, I must say. So thank you, Zeph, for creating this blog. It's helped me a lot already, and I'm sure it's helped other people too. So hats off to you. :-)

Hope you all had a nice day. I like Saturdays.

Sincerely, although today was a more bubbly day,
Aravis

No comments: